Power Up 60 and 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Trainings
Power Up Your Teaching!
Make an impact in your yoga classes! Based in the Baptiste Power Yoga Methodology, these trainings provide you with the tools you need to deepen your own yoga practice and to raise your level of confidence and ability to make a difference in the lives of your students. You will access new possibilities and transformation in the areas of your life that matter to you. Through asana, meditation, inquiry, interactive workshops, and personalized coaching, you will have an embodied experience of empowerment in your yoga practice, teaching and life.
What You Will Learn
Promise of the Training/Learning Outcomes:
The promise of these trainings is that through the Baptiste Power Yoga Methodology of teaching yoga, you will experience new power in your ability to lead a yoga class and make a difference in the practice and life of yourself and others.
Upon completion of the 60 Hour Training, you will:
- Recreate and appropriately modify the Journey Into Power asana sequence (from Baptiste Power Yoga) and have the physical experience of the practice in your body.
- Access breakthroughs in areas of your life that matter to you most.
- Lead a group yoga class with a clear and authentic voice that causes an impact in your students experience on the yoga mat.
- Experience confidence in seeing your students and being seen by them.
- Apply the Baptiste Power Yoga Methodology (including True North Alignment) to your yoga practice, teaching, and life.
Upon completion of the 100 Hour Training you will meet the above learning outcomes from the 60 Hour Training AND:
- Access a clear understanding of yoga anatomy and have an embodied experience of True North Alignment in your physical practice and teaching
- Use a variety of techniques including hands on assists to cause an intentional shift in your own yoga practice and that of others.
Highlights of the 60 Hour Training are:
- Yoga Teaching Skills: Effectively and powerfully make a difference as a yoga teacher and lead with authenticity and confidence.
- Stand in front of others with confidence.
- Use your authentic and powerful voice
- Use simple and clear cues
- Integrate yoga philosophy into your class with ease.
- Power Yoga Sequence: Independently practice and teach Journey Into Power, the Power Yoga sequence created by Baron Baptiste; and be able to modify the sequence for a variety of students, time intervals, settings, and intentions. This holistic sequence strengthens and stretches all parts of your body including your mind and spirit.
- Leadership Skills: Make an impact as a leader by taking action to leave others in their greatness. The tools in this training will empower you to have confidence as a leader in all areas of your life.
- Yoga Philosophy from Baptiste Power Yoga: Integrate the Baptiste Power Yoga Philosophy into your yoga practice, teaching, and life!
- Three Themes of Baptiste Power Yoga
- Five Pillars of Baptiste Power Yoga
- 12 Laws of Transformation from Baptiste Power Yoga
- Three Source Principles of Baptiste Power Yoga
- Art and Mastery of Teaching Baptiste Power Yoga
- The Ten Tenants of Teaching Baptiste Power Yoga
- The Five Organizing Principles of True North Alignment
The 100 Hour Training includes the above highlights from the 60 Hour Training AND:
- Anatomy and Physiology: Revolutionize your yoga practice and teaching with the principles of True North Alignment. Access a clear understanding of the musculoskeletal system as related to asana and experience new power in your body. The complexities of human anatomy are made accessible, practical, and fun to learn! (See Anatomy Connections or Anatomy of True North Alignment Yoga Anatomy Training for more details of the anatomy module).
- Hands on Assists: Appropriately and effectively provide hands on assists to enhance the experience of your students’ practice. (See Assist and Discover Hands on Assists Training for details of the hands on assists module.)
In order to meet the Promise of the Training and to address the Learning Outcomes, we utilize the following training techniques.
- Interactive lecture and activities (utilizing illustrations, videos, and anatomical models) on the topics listed in the above course highlights.
- Partner work
- Group Work
- Daily asana practice (Journey Into Power) to integrate and experience Baptiste Power Yoga and True North Alignment principles in the body and to access power, vitality, and freedom.
- Guided meditation as an access to getting present and awakening to the work of the training.
- Inquiry work to access discovery and new possibility in yoga practice, teaching, and life.
- Philosophy and Principles of Baptiste Power Yoga are integrated in every aspect of the training creating a common thread.
- Activities to experience effective listening and create space to empower people into their greatness.
- Practice teaching in small and larger groups.
- Give and receive feedback (as an empowering practice).
- Participants teach or co-teach a community class during the teacher training and get supportive feedback from the teaching team.
Lead Trainer: Dr. Trish Corley
Dr. Trish Corley is an internationally recognized Baptiste Power Yoga educator, a doctor of physical therapy, and a former functional anatomy professor. She creates a supportive and empowering atmosphere for students to discover their own power, gain confidence, and have fun!
Check out Trish's Bio for more details.
Find out more about Trish HERE.
New Angle Yoga Studio
1108 Classen Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73013
For the 60 Hour Training:**
** $450 scholarship available for the first round of this training. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a scholarship application by June 1, 2019.
- Early Bird Rate: $950 (By May 24, 2019)
- Regular Price: $1100
For 100 Hour Training*
- Early Bird Rate: $1400 (By May 24, 2019)
- Regular Price: $1600
* Save up to $350 by registering for the The 100 Hour Training! It includes the 60 Hour Training module, the Anatomy of True North Alignment Module, and the Assist and Discover Hands on Assists module which are a total value of $1950.
To Register for the 100 Hour Training, click Book Now, register for the 60 hour training, and then contact us at email@example.com with subject line "100 Hour Registration". We will then contact you to complete your registration for the the Anatomy module and the Hands-on-assists- module.
Your tuition fees include:
- Scheduled training hours:
- 60 Hour Training (50 contact; 10 non-contact)
- 100 Hour Training (84 contact; 16 non-contact)
- One month unlimited yoga pass at New Angle Yoga
- Color illustrated manual(s)
- 60 OR 100 Hour Yoga Alliance Certified Certificate (assuming full attendance and participation)
- Ongoing support after the training: x2 video conference calls with lead trainer and a private online group forum.
- T-shirt or tank top
Refund Policy: In respect to our commitment and yours, refunds will not be made. In the unexpected event that New Angle Yoga makes the decision to cancel the training/event you have registered for, you will receive a full refund for the amount you have paid.
60 Hour Training Schedule
- June 7 (Friday): 5:45 pm - 9:00 pm
- June 8 (Saturday): 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- June 9 (Sunday): 9:00 am - 6:45 pm
- June 14 (Friday): 5:45 pm - 9:00 pm
- June 15 (Saturday): 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- June 16 (Sunday): 9:00 am - 6:45 pm
Participants are also required to take 10 Power Yoga Classes at New Angle Yoga and complete self study assignments.
100 Hour Training Schedule
- Yoga Teacher Training certificate (200 hours recommended) OR 50 hours experience teaching yoga. Be willing to show up and do the work to lead an empowered life.
- 100% attendance and participation are required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every detail in this training is added with purpose and culminates in a deeper understanding of yoga practice and yourself. Power Up excels in developing confident yoga teachers. Dr. Trish Corley developed the New Angle Yoga Pathway to Leadership after assisting and co-leading several yoga teacher trainings for YogaOne (now YogaWorks), the Baptiste Power Yoga Institute, and the Africa Yoga Project. She adds her expertise in curriculum development, anatomy and physiology, and the Baptiste Power Yoga Methodology with her passion for teaching/leading yoga. The result is a cohesive training proven to cause transformative results!
When providing feedback on trainings with Trish, graduates consistently report that they chose and/or recommend this training because of their ability to connect with and learn from Trish. She continues to train with Baron Baptiste as an access to giving more to her students. Her credentials speak for themselves and her ability to inspire and empower her students in extraordinary.
- An open mind. Just as our yoga practice invites us to get uncomfortable at times in order to make a shift happen, so does this training. Come ready to explore new opportunities in your yoga practice, your life, and yoga teaching!
- A journal/notebook and pen.
- Your training manual (which will be given to you on the first day of the training).
- 2 outfits to practice yoga in per day. You will sweat during the practices and will need to change/wash up after the morning practice (which occurs just before the lunch break).
- A water bottle. Staying hydrated is important. You will sweat daily and are encouraged to drink at least 64 oz of water per day.
- Towels for yoga practice.
- Lunch and snacks. You may go to local eateries for lunch or bring your own. You are encouraged to bring light snacks such as fruit, nuts, crackers, etc for the short breaks.
- Lounge clothing to put over your yoga clothes to keep warm during the non-asana components of the training.
- You will also need to purchase the following book:
- Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
You are not too old or too young! Our students' ages range from late teens through to upper sixties. And if you are in your seventies or higher - we encourage you to join us set the bar! We welcome students of all backgrounds and encourage you to come as you are, not how you think you should be.
Students younger than 18 will be considered on an individual case basis and will require written consent from a legal guardian.
We maintain a ratio of a maximum of ten participants for every teacher on the leadership team. Trainings are typically ~ 8 to 20 students.
- Attend all regularly scheduled sessions of the teacher training and participate to your full potential.
- Attend ten additional yoga classes with your lead trainer and/or other approved mentor teachers. These classes must be taken after the first day of the training.
- Teach five classes to your community. These classes must be taught after the first 20 hours of the training is complete. Exact date will be given at the training. Support in setting up these classes will be given during the training.
- Read all required reading. You are responsible for purchasing the required book(s). You may choose to begin to read these texts before the training and you are not required to. Reading assignments and written assignments based on these texts will be given during the training and will need to be completed in order to receive your certificate.
- Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
- Complete all homework, which includes critiques of yoga classes and book report(s) for required reading. Details provided during training.
In addition to recognizing your accomplishment, the certificate can be used to register your continuing education requirements wit the Yoga Alliance if you are a registered yoga teacher.
Baptiste Power Yoga is based on the teachings of Baron Baptiste and includes asana (the physical practice), meditation and self-inquiry. The physical practice is based on a set of sequences that cause you to move, breath, and sweat while building strength, flexibility, endurance, and a clear mind. You will have fun and be empowered to access your greatest self on the mat and in your life!
For more details, go to https://www.baptisteyoga.com/
We embrace a heated room (85º to 90º F) during the scheduled asana classes. The heat assists in opening our bodies and minds. Depending on the location, heating panels or systems may be used OR we may embrace the natural temperature of the environment if it is a warm climate.
For the lectures, discussion, meditations, and other interactive activities, the temperature will be set to a comfortable room temperature.