Dr. Trish Corley, founder of New Angle Yoga is an internationally recognized Baptiste certified yoga teacher based in Oklahoma City and a licensed doctor of physical therapy. She is passionate about enhancing people's lives and healing both the human body and spirit.
- Being of Power [Assited Program] (Turlock, CA February 2018)
- Baptiste Apprentice Program (Phoenicia, NY: July 2017)
- Advanced Art of Assisting (Galloway, NJ: June 2017)
- Art of Assisting [Assisted Program] (Singapore: June 2017)
- Expand Your Power [Assisted Program] (Nairobi, Kenya: April 2017)
- Level Three with Baron Baptiste (Sedona, AZ: December 2016)
- Art of True North Alignment [Assisted Program] (Houston, TX: April 2015)
- Level Two with Paige Elenson (Sundance, UT: April 2014)
- Art of Assisting with Kiersten Mooney (Miami, FL: November 2013)
- Level One with Baron Baptiste (Sedona, AZ: June 2013)
Functional Anatomy of Yoga with Ellen Heed (Houston, TX: August 2014)
Yoga With Les Advanced Teacher Training with Les Leventhal (Houston, TX: February 2012)
Forrest Inspired Advanced Teacher Training with Cat Allen & Ann Hyde (Houston, TX: August 2011)
YogaOne Studios 200-Hour Teacher Training with Roger & Albina Rippy (Houston, TX: March 2011)
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy: Simmons College (Boston, MA USA) 2003
- BA Behavioural Neuroscience (Minor Health & Human Development): Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA USA) 2000
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 200
- Baptiste Certified Teacher
- Physical Therapist (Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners)
- Mentor for Africa Yoga Project yoga teacher
- Assistant for Africa Yoga Project 200 Hour Teacher Training, Kenya (April 2017)
Trish Corley's Story
"I started yoga to gain strength in my ankles and increase my overall flexibility while training for a marathon. I soon fell in love with yoga and continued it because it was a fun workout that left me feeling great. Now yoga is a way of life for me. Yoga, specifically Baptiste yoga, has a positive impact in my relationships (with myself and others) and empowers me to realise that everything that I need to achieve my goals is inside of me. I learned to give up the lies that I am not good enough and to create a life of love, joy, and connection.
I primarily teach both Baptiste Power Vinyasa yoga and therapeutic yoga. I consistently utilise a holistic approach; although I may identify a specific area that requires attention or healing, I involve the entire body as well as the individual's spirit. I support healing and growth and empower clients to lead their greatest life possible. I am most passionate about leading teacher trainings and anatomy based yoga workshops. You can check out my full schedule of events HERE.
My understanding of human movement began in childhood with extensive participation in gymnastics and dance. After receiving my BA in Behavioral Neuroscience from Lehigh University (with a minor in Health and Human Development), I received my doctorate in physical therapy from Simmons College in 2003. I have experience with a variety of medical populations at several hospitals and outpatient clinics including New York University Medical Center and Texas Children's Hospital. I spent five years teaching several courses including Functional Anatomy, Therapeutic Exercise, and Pathophysiology for the Physical Therapist Assistant program at San Jacinto College. I have been studying yoga since 2001 and went through teacher training at YogaOne Studios (Houston, TX) in 2011 and became a Yoga Alliance 200-hour certified instructor. In 2013, I completed Baptiste Yoga™ Level One Training with Baron Baptiste. I further deepened my understanding of Baptiste Yoga™ by completing Level Two Training in April 2014 with Paige Elenson. I earned my Tier 1 Baptiste certification and and am in the process of completing the tier 2 certification. I love giving back by assisting Baptiste Yoga programs. I believe in the Baptiste Yoga™ methodology because it is aligned with what I know to be true from a scientific point of view. Most importantly, I experience my own physical and personal transformations by practicing it.
I am grateful to all of my teachers, especially Roger and Albina Rippy who empowered me to step up as a leader at YogaOne Studios and gave me the opportunity to assist several teacher trainings and lead various programs. To have trained with Baron Baptiste and Paige Elenson is an honour and I am thrilled to share their valuable teachings with my community, wherever I am.
I have lived in several cities in the US and in Singapore. I now reside in Oklahoma City and I am excited to share my wealth of knowledge and experience to the yoga and wellness community of Oklahoma. I believe personal growth comes from putting my physical body in new postures and opening my mind to what is possible in each moment, both on and off of my mat. I am excited to share New Angle Yoga with my clients and to empower each of them to experience life with a new angle."